Shooting wet oils and other dilemmas
I had little to complain about today. The weather held steady, and at the peak, the temperature was 80 degrees. By then, the deck was in the shade. The wind did kick up around 2:30, and that was when I decided to move the show inside. Clouds had gathered, looking a bit threatening, but they were only kidding.
I started or worked on about a dozen pieces for three upcoming shows. I am not inviting company over any time soon!! I am really happy to be FINALLY losing the need for geometry, or at least that really obvious element of control. There are two that seem to don’t want to let it go, and since I respect my work, I need to allow it.
Ideal, indeed. The bugs were no problem, either. I watered the garden and got to work.
This is one, and shooting this one to share was less of a problem than some. This is in progress, and it will be part of “The Witches Brew” in Tamworth. It has a color sophistication and a range of mediums, etc, that may be better displayed in that show. And, it’s on a tile Malynda Forcier, the owner, gave me.
But, there are issues with the photographs -wet oils never reproduce well!
The final one I will post—